Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Where is your passion?

Energized. That is the word that describers my demeanor after Workshop of Wonders Church Camp. Now, I am not saying I wasn’t tired. I was. Trying to keep 53 children organized is sometimes like what Tom Wright refers to as “herding fish.”  There were those moments; but, all in all, the experience energized me.

Why? Because I enjoyed it! As I started planning church camp, I remembered how much I enjoy it. I remembered the first time I was able to help with VBS, when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I remembered how I felt, being a leader and helping the little ones learn.  I remembered how while I was in my second year of seminary, I spent the summer directing Christian Ed and VBS at St John’s in Emmaus.  We had almost 50 children that year.  I thought that would be the largest group I would ever work with, little did I know!

Yes, it was a lot of work but it didn’t seem like work. In fact, the more I did, the more excited and energized I became. Then it dawned on me, it was because I was using the gifts God game me. 

When we use the gifts God gives us, we are doing what we are called to do. We enjoy the work because it is something we are passionate about.

So I challenge you to consider what you are passionate about, what you enjoy, what energizes you.  That is what God is calling you to do.

Take sometime to consider what are your gifts? I know some of you love to organize and clean the church.  That is your gift. Others are very good at maintaining our property, teaching Christian Education and, of course, many of you have the gift of music.  

God has given each of us different gifts.  Thank goodness. If we all sang, no one would be listening. If no one could teach, we could not have Sunday School. If everyone would ... you know what I mean. 

What should you be doing at Maidencreek Church? Which ministry can utilize your gifts? 

It is only when each of us use our God given gifts, we become the body of Christ.  If you are not sure about your gifts or which ministry fits, let me know. We can take some time to talk about it and decide where God is calling you to be a part of Maidencreek Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment